Lost Canyon Adventures Canyoning — Costa Rica’s best multi-sport adventure near the Arenal Volcano!
We get many requests from visitors who want to experience the REAL Costa Rica — and that’s what the Lost Canyon is all about! You’ll rappel down huge waterfalls, jump into pools, downclimb the canyon walls and river boulders, and hike up through the rainforest. We pack all kinds of adventure into the best canyoning waterfall rappelling experience in Costa Rica!
- Door-to-door service: We provide door-to-door service and pick you up at your hotel or AirBnB.
- Lost Canyon Ops Center: After a fun, 15-minute ride up a local rural community, you’ll arrive to the Lost Canyon Ops Center. Is canyoning safe in Costa Rica? Your professional Desafio adventure guides will fit you with high-quality canyoneering gear and give you a safety talk and canyoning demonstration before beginning your La Fortuna waterfall adventure.
- Baby steps: Start off the rappelling-leg of your canyoning journey with the first waterfall referred to as the “Baby” — a small-sized 10-ft waterfall that allows you to ease your way into learning the ropes — literally!
- Just LET GO!: You’ll soon reach what we fondly call the “Big Boy” — the second largest waterfall. This waterfall will get your adrenaline-pumping! Your heart will be racing and your eyes sparkling as you continue your journey through the canyon and you build up to the largest Lost Canyon challenge: an exciting 200ft waterfall rappel.
- Visit El Salto Waterfall: When you finish your tour, settle in for your best meal in Costa Rica at our famous Hunters & Gatherers restaurant next to the El Salto Swimming Hole on the Fortuna River. You’ll enjoy a hearty meal before heading back to your hotel or AirBnB.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||La Fortuna, San Carlos.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7:00am – 10:00am – 1:00pm|
Where to meet: We pick you up at any Hotel near the region for free. Just let us take care of you.
What to bring:
- Clothes to get wet in
- Change of clothes
- Secure shoes
- Extra money to buy photos or a t-shirt of your tour
- Sense of adventure
- A big smile
Important: Please plan on arriving at least 15 minutes prior to the start time of the tour as we do start on time.